Thursday, June 2, 2011

Spoonfuls of sugar


Since I'm a person living with a chronic illness, I often have the "pleasure" of meeting with one of my many doctors or undergoing various medical tests. I'm usually not that happy about this aspect of my life, but I do try to make the best of a situation that is beyond my control.

Today I will focus on three good things about my most recent medical visit.

1. My all-time best friend in the whole wide world accompanied me to my appointment. That would be my dear husband, let's call him T. I like when T comes along. He drives through nasty traffic, he carries things, he talks like Forrest Gump to make me laugh, and he provides much needed support and comfort.

2. I didn't have to complete a test that I didn't want to do in the first place. I was scheduled to have a cardiopulmonary exercise test (CPX.) In other words, I would have been walking really fast on a treadmill while hooked up to a bunch of machines and stuff. In a nutshell, my docs wanted to see how my heart works while exercising. However, the test protocol was above and beyond my capabilities, so my doc said I didn't have to do it! Yippee!

3. After my visit, T and I went for pie. Not just any run of the mill pie, but pie from our favorite shop - Hoosier Mama Pie Company. Hoosier Mama Pies are all homemade, both sweet and savory, and so delish! (In your face Bri, lover of pie!) I had my all-time favorite - the chocolate cream. T had buttermilk, and we shared a spinach, mushroom, and goat cheese pie. As a bonus, a Food Network crew was on hand when we were there! We were asked to be taped and interviewed for an upcoming pie show. Hopefully, we will not end up on the cutting room floor. Way cool!

So my guy, no difficult test, and yummy pie - three spoonfuls of sweet things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments on topic and keep them good.