Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Music, music, music!


I cannot imagine a world without music. There are so many good things about it, that I could go on . . .
and on . . .
and on . . .
just like the beat.

However, I will refrain from tuning you out with my talk, talk, talk, and just stick to three good things about music for today.

1. Music brings people together. Brian and I are friends today because of music. We met when we were members of our high school marching band. Yes, we were (still are?) band geeks. Besides Brian, I have many good friends from both my high school and college marching band days.

2. My kids have the music in them. I have a little drummer boy and a wanna-be trumpet player who sings in the shower. Sometimes they just burst into song, blast CDs on the stereo, or simply hum a merry tune. Warms my heart!

3. I can't sing well, but I will anyway. But never in public (except church), and never ever karaoke. I will sing with my hubby and kids, and in my car especially if I'm listening to my favorite radio station, WXRT-Chicago. I love the mix of old and new, and the mid-day music express. An entire hour of uninterrupted music - now that's a good thing!

Bob Marley said, "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."

I think he was onto something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments on topic and keep them good.