Monday, June 20, 2011

Road Trip Goodies

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow created with Smilebox


My family and I will be leaving for a min-vaca really, really early Wednesday morning so y'all are stuck with Brian for the rest of the week!

Here are three good things about a road trip:

1. It's a change of scenery. Let's face it. I don't get out much. I visit places around my community like the bank, the post office and the YMCA. I go to church, pulmonary rehab, and I occasionally visit docs downtown. I need a change of scenery. We all do!

2. Tasty eats, and treats in the car. When we travel, T and I like to look for yummy places to eat that we won't find in our 'hood. And sometimes, T, who is very particular about his car, will even let us eat snacks and drinks along the way. T says I break this rule all the time, and he's right. I do, and if you are a passenger in the car with me, I will blame you. No kidding.

3. Memory-making with the family. I can't tell you what I got for Christmas in 1977, but I can share memories of our family vacations. Memories like getting a killer sunburn in Florida, riding a cable car in San Fransisco, or the trip to Colorado and the Dakotas when I had the mumps! Quality time spent with the kids is a good thing!

So see ya later gators, enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments on topic and keep them good.