Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Goofy good things

Sometimes life is simply silly. Here are three goofy good things of late:

1. J E L L - O! We had Berry Blue Jell-O with Cool-Whip for dessert last night which is always quite exciting for kids. "It jiggles! Watch how the spoon stays on top!" Of course, they like to squish it around their mouths before swallowing just like I used to do when I was a kid. Jell-O reminds me of my late Grandma T, who always made black cherry - my dad's favorite.

2. Adult humor inserted into movies for kids. For the gazillionth time, the kids were watching the movie "Cars" yesterday afternoon. I didn't sit down to watch, but I enjoyed listening to the dialogue while doing other things . . .

Lightning McQueen: I'm serious! He's won three Piston Cups!
Mater: [spits out fuel] He did WHAT in his cup?
Cracks me up every time.

3. Pink octopus slippers. Miss O had a few gift cards to use from her birthday last fall, so on a little shopping trip this weekend she bought pink octopus slippers. "They're so cute!"

I think so, too!




Wiggly, jiggly gelatin, wise-crackin' cars, and smiling slippers. Three goofy good things that make me giggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments on topic and keep them good.