Thursday, June 23, 2011

Desert Island Classics

Today, my good things are going to be the three pieces of media I would want with me on a desert island. Before I list them, I'm taking my Bible with me and not counting it among the other three. It's the "Good" book after all, so I don't want to skip it, but I also don't want to quibble over whether it's with me or not.

2) Book

The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

This compilation would keep me coming back over and over, laughing and wondering - what was Douglas Adams thinking?

3) Music

The Police: Message in a Box (box set)
Again - I'm cheating on the compilation - getting the entire catalog of The Police in one shot, but it's my list. You want to make the rules? Make your own list. I struggled with this one, because I find so much music beautiful, charming, inspirational, edifying or just rowdy. For me, this set has it all.

1) Movie

So I Married an Axe Murderer
Will I ever stop laughing at this movie? I think not. It's got everything! Action, romance, a Scottish wedding, poetry, The Pentavaret!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments on topic and keep them good.