Friday, June 3, 2011

Baseball

I love baseball.
I'm a Cubs fan, so I know what disappointment feels like. My counterpart has a family of White Sox fans, who I understand, have actually won a World Series sometime in the last 100 years.

My three good things about baseball:
1) Wrigley Field is pretty much my favorite place in the world. It's outdoors, it's friendly. Everyone around you is your buddy, on that day, at that time. I even spent my 40th birthday there.

2) Minor league ball clubs - for example, the Camden Riversharks - often have the most charming places to sit and enjoy a game, cheap tickets, but don't worry - you'll still drop $6 on a hot dog. Every minor league park I've been to has a great family environment and reminds me of the Friendly Confines of Wrigley.

3) It's a past-time. I'm not so concerned about the game, as I am about spending time with friends at the game. It's totally an excuse to relish each other's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments on topic and keep them good.