Friday, July 1, 2011

Love and Marriage


The heart of marriage is memories; and if the two of you happen to have the same ones and can savor your reruns, then your marriage is a gift from the gods.

~ Bill Cosby

Sixteen years ago today, I married my best friend. Fifty years ago today, my mom and dad married each other. Yes, we share the same wedding anniversary. Since my parents have 34 years on us, I asked my mom to share three good things about 50 years of marriage for today's post.

So without further adieu, and with just a tiny bit of editing, here's mom:

These are some of my thoughts which are all of what makes 50 years feel like yesterday. (say awwww right here, I did.)

1. Marriage is not 50/50, it's more like 100/100. Or my famous, "It's not like in the movies." It's growing together with love and patience, understanding and misunderstanding, hope and respect, and knowing we can count on each other. It's taking each day at a time, which sometimes is not the easiest thing to do, life gets busy.

2. God is love. When we attended pre-cana so long ago, we were told "Marriage is husband & wife & God"...and dad and I feel God has been with us all the time. Having children is a great blessing....kinda like creation along with God. Of course grandchildren are the greatest....so much easier....because we have more time, and they reflect your children who reflect us.

3. Making memories with family and friends. Fun times on vacations with children, and with good friends. Having lifelong friends is truly a good thing! Together memories are created and shared.

Here's a bonus good thing from mom which makes me chuckle, "And dad is a wealth of information, for things I never bothered to read or study about...so it was good to have him." (By the way, dad is still around and I guess mom is going to keep him after all these years!)

Happy 50th Anniversary Mom and Dad. We love you!



Happy Anniversary to my sweetie, too. I love you, T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments on topic and keep them good.