Friday, July 8, 2011

Music in me

It's Friday evening and it looks like the real fun of Blobfest in beautiful downtown Phoenixville is getting rained out! So I have some other stuff to take care of anyway. I work for a Christian non-profit and from time to time, we get together as a staff and do more church-type things than you'd find in another environment. Personally, I love the opportunity to pray, study God's Word, and worship with my coworkers. I've spent my career flipping back and forth between sacred and secular work situations and both are good for me spiritually. This weekend I will learn some music so I can participate in the praise band on Monday for one of these church-type activities at my company.
With that in mind, here are my three good things - musically.

2) I play electric bass.
I don't play it well, but I can add bottom where I need to. I have an awful lot of fun doing it and I'm completely self-taught.

3) I play harmonica.
I taught myself how to play several years ago while I had a job that involved a lot of driving. There were no cell phones or texting, so I distracted myself playing the harmonica along with the radio. Again, I'm not very good at it, but I have a lot of fun.

1) I sing.
Sometimes I think I sing pretty well. Other times,... not so much. But I love it. I enjoy belting it out at church or in my car, or Karaoke (try to forget the mental picture you just got).

I can also play a bunch of other things, saxophone and most of the other wind instruments along with some of the brass family, percussion and a little piano. Of course, I'm not very good at any of these, but I have a lot of fun playing. And even though I'll never be a professional, or play in a "real" band or something, I really like it.

So those are really good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments on topic and keep them good.