Friday, August 19, 2011

Weekend Brunch


It's another Friday and that means Sue and I make our lists of good things. We'd love to read about yours in the comments!

Today, I'm thinking about brunch. You know, the meal that's a little bit like breakfast and a little bit like lunch - and you get a slice of melon at the end? Yeah, I knew you would. So let's bring it with the food!

Breakfast: Three good things about breakfast

Sue

1. Coffee
2. Baked goods like muffins, donuts, and scones
3. Hot oatmeal on a cold day


Brian

2) Bacon
3) Bacon & Eggs
1) Bacon & Eggs & Bacon

Lunch: Three good places to eat lunch

Sue

1. Portillo’s or Buona Beef - It's a tie! Hot dogs at Portillo's, Italian beef at Buona.
2. Emerson Creek Pottery and Tea Room, Oswego, IL. - Great place out in country for ladies-who-lunch.
3. Hoosier Mama Pie Company, Chicago - They have both sweet and savory pies so in my book that counts as lunch!

Brian

2) 5 Guys - pretty much my favorite burger.
3) Loui's Lunch - the birthplace of the hamburger.
1) Pal's Diner - best wait-staff ever.

Brunch: Three good things you might eat for brunch, but not at another meal

Sue

*I will eat almost all brunch foods at other times of the day, but there are some brunch foods I will NOT eat ever!

1. Smoked salmon, or any type of salmon for that matter
2. Oysters or mussels
3. Bloody Marys, or any kind of tomato or veggie juice

Brian

*I will also eat almost all brunch foods at other times of the day, but I wrote the questions, so I'm sticking to them.

2) Fruit compote (really a fancy name for fruit salad, but the name is all brunch)
3) Poached eggs. I have no idea why.
1) Yogurt parfait (again, fancy name for yogurt, fruit, and granola - that I eat all the time - but don't call it that)


Ok - there's our good stuff - tell us about yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments on topic and keep them good.