Fashions we thought were a good idea at the time
1. Wool sweaters with button-down oxfords underneath.
2. Polo shirts with the collars turned up especially those with the crocodile (alligator?) logo.
3. Blazers with shoulder pads.
2) Hawaiian Shirts (well... they NEVER go out of style)
3) Parachute Pants
Fabulous Cafeteria Food
1. Tator tots - can’t go wrong with crispy, fried potato nuggets!
2. Pizza slices - provided you blotted the grease off the top with a napkin before eating.
3. Chocolate chip cookies - freshly half-baked from the oven, all warm and gooey.
2) Sliders (imported from White Castle)
3) Chocolate pudding
1) Huge glazed donuts (seriously, they were as big as my head)
Marvelous marching band (because that’s where we met after all)
1. Week-long overnight band camp amidst the cornfields of Sycamore, IL. Boys on one side of the gym, girls on the other.
2. Passes out of study hall to go
3. Road trips to places near and far for competitions, parades, and performances. Places like downstate Illinois, Mexico (by plane), and Walt Disney World.
2) Saw my first rated R movie at band camp - The Blues Brothers
3) We made a record! Pretty cool, eh? (at right)
1) Bus sing-alongs!
Fashion, Food, Fun. What are your good memories from high school?