Friday, August 26, 2011
The Cure for the Summertime Blues
Are you ready folks? It's that time again, Friday's good things list of lists day!
With the kids already headed back to school, and the stores stocking up on Halloween candy and what-not, summer is sadly drawing to a close. Now, I know you purists out there will say summer's not over to the official start of fall on September such and such, but let's face it - It's over!
So today our list of lists features S U M M E R! Let's begin . . .
Good songs with the word "summer" in them:
1. Summer Nights (Grease)
2. Hot Fun in the Summertime (Sly and the Family Stone)
3. The Boys of Summer (Don Henley)
2) Summertime (DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince)
3) Summer of Love (John Mellencamp)
1) Summer Wind (Frank Sinatra)
Good foods to eat in the summer which may not be as tasty at other times of the year:
1. Seedless watermelon
2. Fresh sweet corn
3. Lemon Italian ice
3) Fudge sicles
Good activities to do in the summer, but not during other seasons especially where we live:
1. Visiting the beach
2. Catching fireflies, then letting them go
3. Roasting marshmallows to make S'Mores
2) Swimming/water parks
1) Street Fairs
Show us some summer lovin' and share your good thoughts about summer. Come on, we know you can do it!