Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Take 2 on Friendship - what she (that's me Sue) says about . . .


The age old question ~ Can men and women just be friends?

I say YES, but culture, society, books, movies, TV, magazine articles, and curious nosy people tend to disagree. While T is my very best guy friend, I do believe there are good things about having male friends to whom I am not married to, like my former carpool buddy Rog, the wisecrackin' gang at pulmonary rehab, or you know who - the one and only Mr. A.

2. Insight: Having a good friend of the opposite sex offers me the opportunity to see how the other side sees a situation in an objective way (without trying to read the mind of my hubby.)

3. Advice: Depending on the friend, I can solicit advice on a variety of topics such as home repair, tech issues, travel, relationships, food, and even fashion. In most cases, men will offer practical ways to fix a problem. I might not always take their advice, but it’s good to know it’s there.

1. Comic relief: Let’s be honest, men are funny beings. Sometimes funny in a make you laugh so hard you’re crying sort of way, or sometimes funny in a shake your head sort of way. Either way, it’s all good because they keep me smiling (most of the time!)

Insight, advice, and comic relief – my three good things about male/female friendships. What are yours?

** 100th post reminder! We are s-l-o-w-l-y inching are way to collecting 100 good things for our 100th post. Please share ONE good thing with us at twothreeeoneblog-good at yahoo dot com. It’s easy! Just do it!

1 comment:

  1. Annd, the nuummber one goood thing is ...


    (drum roll, please)

    Comic relief.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments on topic and keep them good.