Friday, September 23, 2011
Into each life some leaves must FALL!
To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven
~ The Byrds based on Ecclesiastes 3:1
It's September 23, the first official day of Fall or Autumn if you prefer. And these days they are a changing, so today's feature is some Fall favorites. What are yours?
Fav Fall memories from back in the day:
2. Collecting leaves: glorious colors, crayon rubbings, big piles to jump in!
3. High school homecoming: a parade, a football game, and a dance. What's not to like?
1. Halloween: costumes, pumpkins, parties, and of course, CANDY!
Brian (noting that Sue took all the good ones)
2) The smell of Fall in the air - its a combination of rain, leaves, and a little coolness. You can't smell the snow coming yet, but it's not far off.
3) Reading stories - I don't know why I don't like to do much reading the rest of the year, but I've always tended to read more in the Autumn.
1) Camping and a campfire. I liked the weekend camp outs I went on as a kid in the Fall. I loved the night time by the fire, looking at the stars and telling stories.
Fav Fall food or drinks:
2. Pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream!
3. Taffy Apples with nuts - good! With chocolate and nuts- even better! Making your own - the best!
1. Creamy and savory soups! Some of our favorites 'round here: chicken noodle, tomato, or spinach tortellini.
2) Cider - hot or cold, spiced or plain.
3) Donuts - preferably from the same place as the cider.
1) Cinnamon things...
Fav Fall activities:
2. Apple picking - eating, baking, dipping in caramel - yum!
3. Sweater wearing - I have a favorite, it's long and grey, comfy cozy, and I've already started wearing it.
1. Soccer watching - now I know Brian will say watching football, but we are a soccer family in these parts.
2) ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!?!?!?! (um... clearly I am)
3) Motorcycle rides. I don't have a bike right now, but when I did - it's always been a favorite time.
1) Walks in the woods. I can't get enough of that.