As this posts on Friday morning, I will be on my way or already in Manhattan, New York City to do something good for the company where I work. With the 10 year anniversary of the 9/11 attack approaching this Sunday, we are commemorating it with the Freedom Bible. My role will be somewhere in the city handing out the Bibles and talking to people about the event. In this way, I feel like I'm giving something back to the community where this happened. It got me thinking about giving back or "Pay it Forward" as you might know from the movie.
So tell us about the ways you like to give back or forward. Do you make donations? To whom? Where do you give your time? Here are ways Sue and I like to help out.
2) Taking the opportunity to do on-the-ground ministry like I will today, instead of just online ministry where I spend most of my time.
3) I'm not doing this right now, but I will get back into youth ministry and work with teens.
1) If a friend ever asks me for anything, I do everything I can to help.
2. Each year at Christmas, my family chooses tags from The Giving Tree at our church, then we provide gifts and treats for two children in need.
3. Throughout the year, we donate clothing, toys, books, and other household items to various charitable organizations.
1. I lend an ear to my friends and family who might need comfort, support, encouragement, or prayer during trying times.
So really - add your comments about ways you like to pay back or forward!