Thursday, February 23, 2012
It's his birthday . . .
Perhaps just a little bit.
There are good things about birthdays:
2. Cake (or some other tasty dessert)
1. Funny cards about getting older
But these are not my 3 Good Things for today, instead I will share some of T's favorite birthday celebrations from back in the day:
2. B&B and ski: In our newlywed days many moons ago, we ventured on a trip to a bed and breakfast in Baraboo, WI. I surprised T with a balloon bouquet delivered to our room. We went skiing - yes, even me! I do believe dinner and movie was on our agenda, too. You know besides sleep ;)
3. Eagle-watching weekend at Starved Rock: Cue kids, a trolley tour, some eagles, dinner, and an overnight stay at the Starved Rock Lodge. It was all good 'til we returned home, then T and Miss O came down with a mysterious flu-like ick which we attributed to a dip in the crowded lodge pool. Thankfully, A and I were spared.
1. Aloha: No I didn't take T to Hawaii for his birthday, but that would have been even better than good. Instead, the kids and I hosted a little birthday luau in his honor with a delish Hawaiian menu, decorations, music, and more.
Three good birthday memories for my very special guy who will always be older than me!
Happy Birthday T! We love you!