Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weekend good things

It's Memorial Day weekend and time to remember those who paid for our freedoms with their lives. In reality, it seems to be a weekend dedicated to driving fast cars in circles and over-eating. But rather than wallow in the sadness of either, I'll focus on the good things.

1) Friends who stand by you. Suz is one of those and I'm ever thankful for her.

2) Motorcycles. My friend Howie loaned me his Harley Davidson Sportster on Saturday and I spent most of the day riding. For me, riding is about the most relaxing thing I can do, and I don't mind being alone when I do. I'd still rather be with people, but on a bike it's not so bad.

3) Time. They say time is what God does to make sure that everything doesn't happen all at once. Ok, maybe it's just me. But I'm grateful for time. Time to allow things to develop naturally, time to heal, and time to begin again.

I have a handful of others I'll thank more privately for their friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments on topic and keep them good.