Friday, May 11, 2012

The Goods on Motherhood

It's all about mom this weekend with the celebration of Mother's Day on Sunday, and it's all good. This week, I gave a shout out to fellow moms and friends to share with me good things about motherhood. They came through with MANY heartfelt thoughts about being a mom, and having a mom too. Here's what they had to say . . .

Motherhood is filled with joy and wonder, hope and heart, learning and love, and special memories to last a lifetime.

Only ONE? OK- I've been absolutely amazed at the special bond I have with my teenage boys. I absolutely adore them in spite of their moronic teenage behavior. No one could have prepared me for how unique and powerful that relationship would be. My 3 boys are my pride and joy! I am an enthusiast of whatever they are interested in at the moment. Their joys are my joys, their sorrows my sorrows. Life is sweet in ways I never imagined because of the privilege of being their mom! - That's only one of at least thousands (good things!) ~ Kathy H.

Being a mom gives me a good opportunity to exercise my funny bone. Correctly done, humor brings perspective, warmth, conveys love, and unifies hearts. I love laughing with my boys because it keeps my countenance lifted. At my age, any help I can get is great! ~ Ruth K.

I truly never knew what love was until my son was born 29 yrs ago. Being a mother has taught me how to love unconditionally. ~ Elaine C.H.

The best thing about being a mum is their unconditional love and the way their eyes light up when I am with them. The best thing about my mum is that she loves me and supports me always even when I do stupid things. She drops everything to help me when I need her. ~ Sharon M.

Am I allowed to be a tad different??? I love being a mum (to one son) and grandmother to 3 small boys, but I delight in being a mother in law... my daughter in law is my joy. I never wanted a girl child before, but when she arrived on the scene I realised what a blessing a girl can be, so happy I have her. ~ Dawn B.

I loved every second of everyday being a mom. The best thing that ever happened to me, and now no more!! I'll never forget my memories. ~ Sus L. (Once a mother always a mother. Cherish your memories, Sus)

I love seeing the world new all over. There is so much joy in the simple things of life. My children are my world. ~ Daphne G.

A good mom communicates with her kiddos. Meow! Ruff Ruff!! ~ Ronda M., mom to an adorable bunch of fur babies

My mum passed away 12 years ago, and I still miss her today. She was my best friend. She was a great mum and dad to me, so you see she was very special, I love you mum up in Heaven . . . ~ Michele H.

I miss my mom very much. Even though she was sick, she still did things for me like watching my three children lots of times. As for being a mom I love my children very much. ~ Julianne P. A.

Hearing those four words - "I Love you Mommy!" ~ Kelly B.

Thank you for sharing ladies. I don't think I could have said it any better myself, but I do have a bit more to say about motherhood. Check out my post Let's Hear it for the Moms on my LeMOMade blog.

Wishing you all a blessed and peaceful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments on topic and keep them good.